Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Lunch box (2013 movie)

well today is a happy day indeed. It was like reading my favourite novel on a holiday morning with good sunny weather. except that it's raining outside now but it is definitely fine. I never happen to finish an Indian film except for 3 idiots . Never knew any of the names either. But this is different. This is a film that i long waited , a truly meaningful film that quenched my thirst for good movies. I never really fancy the AAA movie titles with huge action stunts. I can watch those AAA titles but it will not end my hunger for my mental vitamins. first of all, it have the spice, the recipes that get me excited. The lunchbox delivery system in the movie amazed me because i had never heard of it at all. It has awakened me from my slumbered brain and get me excited. It seems that this kind of system really existed until now. i am very confused and amazed at the same time that indians make soo much trouble for their food. This is certainly a very amazing culture to observe. In this movie, the characters is well picked and the plots are very good. the kitchen of Ila brings the nostalgic feel of a classic kitchen that should have been done with any kitchen. Ila's neighbour upstairs gives the film a little something , a link to be precise that makes the story more interesting. This whole movie is nostalgic to the core. It kept on mentioning and comparing the old times and now. the train station, the cemetery, the old town and the bathroom. It reminds me to check in the bathroom and notice myself if i really did grow old and have the old guy odour syndrome. this film brings out the ultimate question . What is the meaning of life. It differs per person. Some people is not smart enough to think of it and lived their entire life without thinking what is the meaning of their lives and tried to manipulate other people's life to satisfy their own desire (for showing that they existed in this world) they don't their meaning of life. they don't have passion. so they have to do repetitive things everyday until the rest of their lives. but anyways, Ila did runaway with Saajan to Nasik. I sure hope i can see this scene because the director did not film this scene to make this film a never ending story and leave people to their imaginations....

No comments:

Post a Comment